Safety & Courtesy Tips
In almost any outdoor activity there is some risk. Because of the length and sometimes remote character of our trails, users are advised to be alert and careful when using the trails. Water and restrooms are only available at the public parks and public buildings along the trails. In case of emergency, trail users are encouraged to walk with a friend, wear bright colors, carry a trail map with them, a cell phone, and to note their location. Immediately call 9-1-1 to report suspicious persons or anyone that appears to be loitering.
Obey all trail signs and posted rules and regulations.
- Trails are open from dawn to dusk.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted.
- Be courteous to other trail users.
- Do not trespass. Respect the rights of adjacent property owners. Much of the surrounding land is private property. Users should remember to stay on the trail and to park at clearly marked parking areas only.
- Do not litter. Please keep the trails clean and neat for everyone. Users should always abide by the "litter carry in-carry out" policy and to use litter receptacles along the way.
- All users are urged not to wear radio, CD, I pod, MP3, etc. headsets.
- All users should keep right and pass left.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on our trails & in our parks.
- Be predictable - Be Courteous - Enjoy the trails.
Bicycles, In-Line Skaters and Skateboarders
- Bicycles, In-Line Skates and skateboards may be used on asphalt trails only, which include the Power Line Trail, Kohler Park Trail and smaller connecting trails.
- Yield to pedestrians, especially in narrow trail areas.
- Ride at a safe speed.
- You are encouraged to wear helmets and children under 12 are required by state law to wear a helmet.
- Always be considerate of other trail users coming your way. Keep right, pass left, and allow room to pass.
- Be prepared to stop and give a voice or noise warning before passing other trail users.
- You must "stop" at all stop signs.
- Slow down and form a single line for congested conditions.
- Skaters are prohibited from performing trick-skating maneuvers on heavily used trails
- Be especially alert when stopping or turning around. Expect to be passed from behind.
- Listen for audible signals and help faster trail users (runners, bicyclists) pass safely.
- Move off the trail when stopping. Never block the trail.
- Dogs are permitted only on the Power Line Trail and the Horsham Road side of the Kohler Park Trail. Dogs are prohibited from all other trails.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Dogs must be curbed. Bring along a bag and once used place it in a litter receptacle along the trail.
- The Horsham Dog Park is located on the Horsham Road side of Kohler Park.